Tuesday, February 19, 2013

China Glaze Avant Garden Collection Part 2 "Blooming Brights"

Today I have the second part of the new China Glaze Avant Garden collecting. This portion of the collection is the darker shades and is playfully named "Blooming Brights". Also like the first part of this collection, the polishes have very clever names. There are three shimmers and three cremes but unlike the pastel portion of this collection the shimmer shades are easier to apply and aren't streaky.

First up is a pinkie peach polish with a subtle golden shimmer called "Mimosa's Before Manis". This colour is absolutely perfect for summer! It reminds me of a polish I would pair with a nice tan! The formula was awesome! After using the shimmer polishes in "Pastel Petals" portion of this collection, I was expecting these shimmers to be hard to work with too. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was wrong, the application was easy and it was opaque in just two coats!

 Mimosa's Before Manis


Next up I have "Snap My Dragon", which looks as feisty as the name suggests! This is an eye catching shade of red that leans just slightly pink and has a subtle pinkie red shimmer to it. This polish is perfect for a date on a hot summer night! The formula again was great, I used two coats for the pictures below, but I wish I had put some topcoat on top of this polish when i swatched it because it would have looked better.

Snap My Dragon

This is the last of the shimmer shades of this collection, and it's probably my personal favourite of the bunch. "Fancy Pants" is a medium purple shade with a gorgeous pink-purple shimmer. It was almost impossible to capture the shimmer in a photo! It took two coats to full opacity and looked better with a layer of top coat.

Fancy Pants

Next I have "Passion For Petals". It's a salmon pink creme, this polish didn't really stand out to me, but because I have some similar shades, it should be great for a gradient manicure. The formula was great and it was opaque in two coats.

Passion For Petals

This funny shade is called "Budding Romance". It does not inspire "romance" when I look at it that's for sure. That being said, I don't dislike this polish, I'm actually quite fond of it. It's different from the rest of the polishes in this collection not only because of the colour, but because of the consistency too. It's the only jelly polish of the bunch and therefore it was a fun surprise. Because it's a jelly polish it took three coats to complete opacity, but the coats went on nice and smooth with no streaking.

Budding Romance

Lastly, I have "Sunday Funday", what a fun name! I wasn't as excited about the polish as I was about the name though. The polish is fine, but it's just nothing special. It's a sky blue creme that I'm sure will come in handy for gradients because I have quite a few similar polishes to this one. Other than that the formula is great, and it was again, opaque in two coats.  Also, I don't know why but whenever I'm taking a photo of a bright blue polish my camera makes my skin look red-orange!  This is so frustrating!!  If you know how to correct this problem please let me know in the comment section!

 Sunday Funday

What do you think of this second part of the new China Glaze spring/summer 2013 collection? Do you prefer the "Pastel Petals" colours or the "Blooming Brights" colours? Let me know in the comments below!!
   
      -Melissa xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment