Sunday, February 17, 2013

China Glaze Avant Garden Collection Part 1 "Pastel Petals"

Today I have half of the new China Glaze spring 2013 Avant Garden collection. This collection is split into two six piece collections, "Pastel Petals" and "Budding Brights". The collection featured in todays post is "Pastel Petals" which are the lighter of the twelve shades. There are three shimmery shades and three creme shades.

First up is "Dandy Lyin' Around". This is a shimmery white shade, the formula wasn't the best, it was on the thicker side which made it harder to apply. It was streaky and hard to get even coverage. This polish took three coats to get it opaque and it needed a good layer of topcoat to even it all out. This polish wasn't one of my favourites, but the finished result is very pretty.

Dandy Lyin' Around

Next is this stunning mint green shimmer called "Keep Calm, Paint On", have I mentioned that the names in this collection are super cute! This polish, like the first was streaky and took three coats to be completely opaque. Again I topped it off with a good layer of top coat to even it all out. I really love this colour, and the shimmer gives it that extra touch of something special.

Keep Calm, Paint On

The last shimmer in this portion of the collection is "Pink-ie Promise". Just like the previous shimmers in this collection it took three coats to full opacity and a generous amount of top coat. The shimmer in this polish is more much more subtle then the other two and was hard to capture in a photo. I love this light dusty rose shade.

 Pink-ie Promise


This pretty light blue-purple creme shade is called "Fade Into Hue". It instantly reminded me of a China Glaze polish I already have in my collection called "Secret Peri-Wink-Le". They are very similar but this one is just slightly lighter than "Secret Peri-Wink-Le" in my opinion you don't need both (unless you're a crazy polish hoarder like me). The formula is nice, it's opaque in two coats, and like most creme polishes, looks it's best with a good layer of topcoat.

Fade Into Hue

"Fade Into Hue" next to "Secret Peri-Wink-Le" in natural light.

Next is a lavender creme called "Tart-y For The Party", another adorable name! I'm a sucker for purple polishes so I really loved this one. The formula was easy to work with and it was opaque in two coats.

 Tart-y For The Party


Last but certainly not least is "Life Is Rosy". I was most excited for this shade because I've been looking for a good dark dusty rose colour to add to my collection. It did not disappoint! It's my personal favourite of the six and again it was easy to apply and opaque in two coats.

 Life Is Rosy


What do you think of these six pastel polishes? Let me know in the comments below!
     -Melissa xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Very well written!! I love that I know ahead a time how many coats the polish will need to achieve your look in the photo and I enjoy the two different photos of each polish to see what it will look like in different lighting :)

    ReplyDelete